By Stephen Kaufman, Danny Garber
This e-book will train you all approximately home windows Server AppFabric (code-named “Dublin”),a set of extensions to home windows Server that permit it to operate as a light-weight, software server. the combo of home windows Server and AppFabric presents an easy-to-manage platform for constructing, deploying, and reliably web hosting middle-tier WCF/WF services.
Windows Server AppFabric fills a huge vacuum left within the wake of COM and COM+’s loss of life because the .NET platform has risen to prominence. supplied as an extension to web info prone (IIS), the integrated software server frees you from having to create your individual home windows companies to accomplish software internet hosting. as a substitute, you could benefit from plumbing and infrastructure that Microsoft presents for you, liberating you to target simply your small business good judgment whereas nonetheless with the ability to install n-tier strategies on home windows Server. during this means, home windows Server AppFabric solves the matter of constructing, deploying, and reliably webhosting middle-tier WCF/WF services.
If you’re an skilled developer, you’ll are looking to find out about home windows Server AppFabric quickly, with out a lot of examining. And that’s what this ebook is all approximately. It cuts to the chase and exhibits you the simplicity and magnificence that mix to shape home windows Server AppFabric, getting you on top of things speedy, for you to benefit from the entire platform has to offer.
What you’ll learn
- Deploy home windows Server AppFabric (aka “Dublin”) as your middle-tier program host.
- Incorporate home windows Server AppFabric's integrated performance into your WCF- and WF-based .NET applications.
- Design your functions to scale and practice in hugely to be had environments, and research use complex home windows Server AppFabric beneficial properties reminiscent of content-based and ahead routing, long-running transactions, message job tracking and tracking.
- Understand home windows Server AppFabric’s structure, and understand while it's best used, and in case you may still examine different strategies, corresponding to BizTalk Server.
- Understand the home windows Server AppFabric roadmap and the way AppFabric pertains to different new Microsoft applied sciences resembling .NET 4.0, Oslo, and WCF/WF 4.0
- Upgrade present purposes to home windows Server AppFabric and benefit from its structure and features.
Who this e-book is for
- .NET builders (including WCF and WF builders
- BizTalk builders
This ebook is aimed toward .NET and BizTalk Server builders who want a middleware program server platform that simplifies the deployment, configuration, administration, and scalability of composite functions whereas permitting builders to take advantage of their latest talents with visible Studio, the .NET Framework, and net info prone (IIS). The e-book is principally acceptable to those that are looking to leverage the .NET Framework 4.0 and home windows communique starting place (WCF) and home windows Workflow beginning (WF) technologies.